Here’s my recipe for pecan pie. It’s pretty simple and straight-forward. Hope you like it!
- 1 9″ unbaked pie crust
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecan halves, roughly chopped
- enough pecan halves to decorate the top of the pie
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Toast pecans in heated oven for 5 to 10 minutes. Watch carefully and don’t let them burn. You want them to be just toasted to bring out their full flavor.
- Once pecans have toasted, give them a rough chop and set aside to cool.
- Fit unbaked pie crust into pie plate and crimp edges. Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer to cool. This will help the edges to keep its shape while baking.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, eggs, corn syrup, honey, brown sugar, salt, vanilla and chopped pecans. Mix well.
- Take out unbaked pie crust and fill with mixture.
- Decorate top with pecan halves.
- Bake on lower rack for 45 to 55 minutes, until set.
Tip: I place my baking stone into the oven while it’s preheating. Baking your pie directly on the baking stone will help to ensure that the bottom crust cooks completely, therefore avoiding a soggy bottom crust.